Want to Be the Good for Schools in your area? These 10 easy for how to help schools in need will inspire you!
As school starts up again, I’m getting a lot of questions about how families everywhere can help schools in need. My response? Is always the same. Simple acts of kindness go a long way. Be the good in your own community.
10 Ways You Can Give Back to Schools in Need
- Volunteer to read with a struggling student one hour a week
- Donate books that your own children have outgrown
- Spend a few hours helping to plant a school garden
- As the weather cools down, donate jackets and blankets to help families fight off the winter cold.
- Shop Yoobi school supplies, their buy one give one model donates school supplies to classrooms in need.
- Attend school carnivals and fundraisers. These are huge money makers for schools, and help bring in important programs!
- Offer to speak at career day or even put together an assembly to bring in info about holidays, different cultures, or different career options.
- Provide water bottles or snacks. Children often come to school without water bottles on hot days or snacks. While schools have water fountains, and cafeteria food for children who qualify……additional options are always a treat.
- Sponsor a class field trip (these tend to be a few hundred dollars at MOST).
- Shop our Mamas Making a Difference Brands, 10% of the profits from each item will be donated to classrooms in need across the US.
f you love the quote “Be The Good” as much as I do, then you’ll love this adorable necklace from Cents of Style. It’s on sale TODAY, so be sure to pop on over and grab one for a steal!