Wondering what to wear to a wedding? And how in the world to prepare young children for a special occasion that may or may not be kid friendly? These five tips will help special events be enjoyable for the whole family (and spoiler alert….we're giving away a gift card to buy your own dresses)!
It's full blown wedding season. RIGHT? And if you're like us, weddings look a little different than they used to. While they used to be stay until the bitter end and enjoy the open bar to it's fullest potential……now they're more like…….hopefully Lydia is quiet during the ceremony, and let's go ahead and get to the dance floor where she can twirl to her heart's content. Weddings with kids? Can actually be a ton of fun if you do them right!
Five Tips To Help Enjoy Weddings With Kids in Tow
- Arrive Early: Want your kids to sit quietly during the ceremony? Don't get there five minutes before it starts. Wedding venues are visually appealing, and a blast to explore. If you walk in, and expect your kids to immediately sit down and be quiet for an hour……you're setting yourself up for trouble. Get there thirty minutes early, walk around and explore. You'll thank yourself.
- Make Dressing Up Fun: The best part of weddings (besides the dancing)…..wearing fancy clothes. Pump your kids up…..let them pick their own outfits, talk about how fun it is to wear fancy clothes. Lydia's current fav? This adorable floral dress from Kid's Dream. She calls it her princess dress and wants to wear it constantly!
- Bring Snacks: Cocktail hour appetizers? Don't exactly tend to be kid friendly. Bring snacks. Otherwise you're going to have some unhappy campers by the time dinner arrives.
- Bring a Change of Clothes: At some point, those fancy dresses may need to be traded in. Bring a cute, comfortable change of clothes (we usually bring a cute tee and skirt)…….they've come in handy after spills. On that note, bring pajamas……and change before leaving. Passing out in the car is inevitable.
- Bring Quiet Activities: From the ceremony, to a sit down dinner…..there are plenty of parts of a wedding that need to be quiet and calm. Plan for them. A coloring book, a puzzle, whatever your kid is into at the moment? Bring it. And pull it out in a pinch!
Looking for more tips about what to wear to a wedding and how to enjoy it with kids in tow? Today each of my fellow mamas is sharing adorable pictures of their little ones in Kid's Dream dresses and shoes AND giving some great tips of their own. Lydia's dress from Kid's Dream is perfect for formal events…..it's comfortable and she's in LOVE with it!
Eliza J Dresses:
Now the fun…….our adorable dresses are from one of my favorite brands, Eliza J. And guess what? They're available at Nordstrom's…….some are even a part of the BIG SALE! We are teaming up to give one reader a $100 Nordstrom gift card.
a Rafflecopter giveaway