The weather is warming up….it’s time for sundresses, sandals, and a few changes to your beauty routine. These Summer Beauty Tips will help you look your best during the hot season ahead!
These summer beauty tips are written in partnership with Socialstars and RoC®.
Yup, it’s warm weather season. I’ve officially packed up my rain boots, heavy coats, and hats. My sandals are in the front of my closet and I’m wearing shorts every time I’m not at work. Yippeeeeeee! Along with switching out my wardrobe staples as summer approaches, I’m switching up my beauty routine. Why? Because the bright sun and warmer air totally change your skin.
7 Summer Beauty Tips (that won’t cost a million dollars):
- Drink MORE water. The more hydrated you are, the better your skin will look. Heat and humidity can wreak havoc on skin and hair. Stay hydrated by drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day.
- Lighten Up: Cakey makeup in the heat is the WORST. Switch to a lightweight foundation or a tinted moisturizer. Switch from lipstick to lipgloss.
- Add Mascara: Mascara will make your makeup pop…..without caking it on. Add an extra coat of black waterproof mascara (to avoid runny makeup in the heat!)
- Use Blotting Papers: Instead of adding more powder to your face throughout the day…..blot with blotting papers. They’ll take away the shine without adding more cake to your face!
- Air Dry: If you can, air dry your hair. Simple beach waves are summer hair perfection!
- Use Sun Protection: Don’t forget to protect your face from harsh sun rays! You should be using products with an SPF of 30 or higher. My favorite way to protect my face? Multitasking moisturizers (face lotions with SPF built in). When used in combination with other sun protection measures, they help protect against future sun damage! Let’s be honest, I don’t have time for a whole other step in my morning routine. Each Day I use RoC® MULTI CORREXION® 5 in 1 Chest, Neck and Face Cream. It has SPF built in, and treats dry skin.
- Wash Your Face: Sweat and heat can cause breakouts. Be sure to wash your face with a gentle scrub a few times a week to get rid of the all that residue!