These 5 tips for faking a good night’s sleep are written in partnership with Socialstars and RoC® MULTI CORREXION® 5 in 1 Eye Cream.
As I write this post, Lydia is having a party in her crib. Singing to her stuffed animals, and calling “no more sleeping!!!” And all you moms are chuckling in solidarity, right? The minute we had a baby, those peaceful nights of sleep went out the window. Between working, parenting, and trying to catch five minutes to myself…..sleep just doesn’t happen as much as it should.
So, I’m sharing a few tips I’ve learned for survival…..and for how to fake a good night’s sleep!How to Fake a Good Night’s Sleep:
- Take a Cold Shower: I know, not fun (and you’re already tired). But it works! The cool water will not only wake you up, but will improve circulation to your face. Making it look brighter and more awake.
- Moisturize Well: Lack of sleep can leave your skin dehydrated. Drink lots of water, and apply a GOOD moisturizer.
- Curl Your Lashes and Apply Undereye Concealer: A little makeup goes a long way! Be sure to use a light product. Caking the makeup on will make you look more tired.
- Wear a Bright Blush: When you’re tired….the last thing you need is everyone TELLING you how tired you look. Right? A bright pop of color will make you look cheery and awake….and will ward off those sympathetic glances.
- Treat Your Eyes: Tired eyes are a dead giveaway. That puffiness? Those dark circles. They’ll ruin even the best makeup application. Be sure to treat them before applying makeup. My go to? The RoC® MULTI CORREXION® 5 in 1 Eye Cream. EVERY SINGLE DAY (cause mom life is rough). It improves the look of dark circles, puffiness, dryness, dull tone and wrinkles with breakthrough HEXINOL® Technology…..basically, it makes me look like less of a mom-bie and more like a human. I apply it morning and night……and can’t believe how much better my eyes look!
Want to see more ways I use RoC® to look my best? Check out 5 ways to get Date Night Ready in Under 5 Minutes or How to Look Great in Photos!Welcome to Let it Shine…..the new, revamped Funday Monday! After two years….we decided to rename our link up to something we felt would be a better fit. Thus, Let it Shine! Why the name? Because we want this link up to be just that…..your chance to let it shine. We’ll be sharing our favs here each week and on social media……
Another place we will be showcasing our favs? The Let It Shine Pinterest Board