Looking for fun ideas you can enjoy along with your kiddo that won’t break the bank? These 10 mommy and me activities are easy, and a total blast!
Let’s talk about quality time. In this era of cell phones, busy schedules, working parents (of which I am one), and overbooking…..I feel like it’s harder and harder to spend quality time with our kids. In fact, it’s almost impossible. I can’t tell you how many weeks go by and I realize that Lydia and I have run errands, and gotten everything done….but we haven’t gotten to have FUN. So, I decided to make it a goal to work on dating my daughter. Yup, I’m going to intentionally plan special outings for just the two of us at least three times a month. To start the year off, I made a list of 10 mommy and me activities….and plan on checking all of these off very soon!
10 mommy and me activities:
- Bookstore Visit: Most kids have never seen the inside of a bookstore. We read on Kindles and order books on Amazon. Find a children’s bookstore, and get lost there for a few hours!
- At Home Movie Date: Share YOUR favorite childhood movie with your daughter. I can’t wait to share some of my Disney favorites with Lydia…..first up? Dumbo.
- Dress Up: Let your daughter pick your outfit……it’s the best form of dress up (although based on what she picks you may not want to leave the house)!
- Picture Walk: We take pictures of our kids ALL day long. Arm your daughter with an old camera, and let her be the photographer. Walk around your neighborhood….and then upload the pictures to see what she captured! Bonus points if you print and frame your fav!
- Ice Cream Date: As moms, our daughters see us stress about our figures WAY too much. We automatically complain about our need to be healthy. For once, let your daughter see you enjoy dessert. Order your favorite, and get toppings!
- Our Story: Live in the town where you met your spouse? Take your daughter on a “Our Story” tour. Show her where you met her father. Recreate your first date.
- High Tea: Take her to high tea at a local hotel or teahouse. Dress up, and don’t forget to hold your pinkies in the air!
- Get Outside: Plan a hike and picnic. Research new hiking trails together, and pick one you’re both interested in. Extra challenge? No cell phones allowed. Just enjoy being together, outside.
- Help Other Moms and Daughters: Volunteer to facilitate an art project at a battered women’s shelter. Research centers in your community that are currently housing families with children close in age to your daughter. Bring an art project, and complete it side by side with these mothers and daughters. Leave them with gently used clothes and toys. Trust me, you’ll be leaving with a lot more than you left behind.
- Her Choice: Give your daughter a free day. She’s in charge. She can pick the schedule. How often do kids get to do THAT?
So mamas, what did I miss? Leave more mother daughter date ideas in the comments so we can all get some quality time with our little ladies!
Want daddy to get in on this quality time? Check out these daddy daughter date ideas!