Thank you to Playskool and SocialStars for partnering with us for today’s post. #PLAYSKOOLCREW
Oh toddlerhood. Just when you think you've gotten it all under control……your extremely active toddler gives you a whole new set of challenges when you're on the go. After spending all summer with Lydia, I wanted to share a a few tips……5 ways to keep your toddler happy on the go. Because really, who wants a toddler meltdown in the middle of dining out?
5 Ways to Keep a Toddler Happy on the Go:
1) Anticipate Schedule Issues: If your little one normally eats dinner at 6 pm, but you're meeting friends at 7:30…….know that they're going to be HUNGRY. Give a late snack. Why set them up for disaster? Hunger, exhaustion…..pretty much guarantee a toddler meltdown. If it's going to be a later evening than usual….do what you can to get a good nap in.
2) Food and Water: You never know if you'll be stuck in traffic, running late, if there won't be a kid's menu, if it will be especially hot…….be prepared. We always bring WAY more food and water than we anticipate needing. They've come in handy many times!
3) Entertainment: This is where my favorite Playskool toys come in. Remember last month when I shared some of our favorite on-the-go toys? We absolutely love toys that will keep Lydia entertained and won't take up an entire duffle bag. I mean, we've gotta lug that diaper bag around….so it needs to be portable! Playskool has even more toys that are perfect to use for play, stow and go. Lydia's current fav? Playskool's Pop Up Shape Sorter. This adorable toy is just perfect for age! Lydia loves fitting the colorful blocks into each hole (and can tell us the shape names and the color names)…..and I love that it folds down for easy storage.
4) Provide Information: Tell your toddler where you are going! Toddlers don't like surprises. Ever. Going somewhere new? Talk about it beforehand. Let them get excited!
5) Imagine a Location from Toddler Perspective: Are there things your little one will be excited about? Scared of? Lydia is OBSESSED with trucks right now. So, if there will be trucks at any location….you'd better believe we tell her that in advance!
So toddler moms…..sound off……how do you keep your toddler happy on the go?