Toddlers, they're about the pickiest eaters on earth. I've been sharing our toddler meal menus on Instagram for the last few months, and I'm excited to start our toddler meal recipe series by teaming up with Foster Farms. Each of these meals? They're not just for toddlers, they're whole family friendly. The older Lydia gets, the more mature her palate is…..and the more meals we can all share…..which makes life a WHOLE lot easier!
One of Lydia's current favorites (and ours)? Homemade chicken nachos. They're easy to make, and PERFECT for hiding healthy protein and veggies in between yummy cheese and chips. The first time I made them, I was shocked at how many veggies and pieces of chicken she ate!
We've been making chicken nachos at least once a week all summer……and have it down to a science.
A few nacho making tips:
– Quality chicken is KEY, at first I tried using precooked chicken….and it just didn't taste right. Now? I freshly grill Foster Farms Simply Raised chicken about an hour before starting the nachos. This antibiotic free line is locally raised in California, 100 percent natural, and American Humane Certified. Plus, it tastes AMAZING just coming off the grill!
– Use fresh avocados, I tried guacamole instead….NOT the same!
-Cheese makes a difference…if you love spice, try spicy pepper jack. For our (somewhat) picky toddler…we stick with Monterey Jack….she loves it, and it tastes great!
1 bag of tortilla chips
5 Foster Farms Simply Raised Boneless Skinless Breast Fillets, grilled and shredded
1 can of black beans (drained)
1 avocado, cubed
4 cups of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
1) spray cooking spray into a shallow baking pan
2) combine grilled chicken, black beans, avocado, and 2 cups of cheese in a large bowl
3) layer chips and filling plus extra cheese
4) repeat with a second layer
Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Foster Farms®, the opinions expressed are my own.
Welcome to Let it Shine…..the new, revamped Funday Monday! After two years….we decided to rename our link up to something we felt would be a better fit. Thus, Let it Shine! Why the name? Because we want this link up to be just that…..your chance to let it shine. We'll be sharing our favs here each week and on social media……
Another place we will be showcasing our favs? The Let It Shine Pinterest Board! So, go ahead…..and Let it Shine!