Welcome to Girls’ Night! Last week was Girls’ Night Out….so this week….is Girls’ Night In!! Girls’ Night In features fun recipes and drink pairings that make Girls’ Night In as fun as Girls’ Night Out…..we all need a Girls’ Night every now and then, don’t we?
On Sunday, we drove a long (VERY long) ways out of the city. We drove to the beautiful town of Oak Glen, and went apple picking. It was wonderful to breathe the fresh air, and wander through the orchards. I came home with tons of apples….and decided to make one of my favorite fall treats….caramel apples.
Ingredients: Apples (Granny Smith or Red Delicious), Lollipop or Popsicle Sticks, Caramels (6-8 bags), Milk, Toppings (Nuts, Oreos, Butterfinger, etc.), Wax Paper
1) Wash Apples and remove stem, insert sticks into apples
2) Place 2-3 small bags of caramels in a microwave safe bowl, Add 2 tablespoons of milk
3) Microwave until thoroughly melted (approximately 2-4 minutes)
4) Dip each apple into caramel and rotate until coated in caramel
5) Dip in toppings
6) Set on wax paper covered cookie sheet to harden
Drink Pairing: Mulled Wine
Mix in a few of your best girlfriends….and enjoy!
What’s your favorite food for a girls’ night in?