1) Exfoliate your lips first! Matte Lipstick shows every flake, so it’s important. I used a regular facial scrub on my lips….but you can also brush them gently with a clean toothbrush.
2) Prep your lips with a lipstick primer ( I used MAC Cosmetics’ Prep & Prime Lip )
3) Line the outside of your lips….then color inside. This will bond the lipstick to your lips, and create a lasting stain. (I used MAC Cosmetics lip pencil in Magenta).
4) Apply a berry colored lipstick to your lips (I used MAC Cosmetics in Rebel).
5) Check color….
6) If you’d like to darken it…..add a touch of MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Cyber. It will deepen any berry to a dark wine color.
7) Clean the edges with a Q-tip.