This is my favorite new dinner-in-a-hurry recipe…..and it’s gluten free!
I’m obsessed with a Cuban restaurant near our house, but…..who orders take-out every night? So this is my cheaper, easier, TASTIER version of my favorite chicken dish.
Ingredients (all available at Trader Joes):
-Thin sliced, boneless, skinless chicken breast
-white onions (I buy the diced bag)
-garlic (4-6 cloves)
-cumin or coriander
-salt (I use smoky sea salt)
-gluten free corn flour
Dice the onions and garlic, keep separate
1) sprinkle each chicken breast with water, wrap individually in plastic wrap
2) flatten each chicken breast with a rolling pin
3) remove from plastic wrap and dry with a paper towel
4) sprinkle each chicken breast with a generous amount of salt, pepper and cumin or coriander (flip it and cover the opposite side)
5) dredge (roll) each chicken breast in a small amount of gluten free flour
6) set the chicken aside
7) pour a couple tablespoons of olive oil into a pan, sauté onions for 3-5 minutes
8) add salt, pepper and diced garlic to sautéed onions
9) leave in pan for 1-2 more minutes
10) remove garlic and onions with a ladle and set aside
11) place chicken breasts in same pan, raise heat
12) leave chicken in pan until cooked in middle (approximately 10-12 minutes)
13) sprinkle each piece of chicken with lime juice, and pour onion mixture over the top
Serve with black beans and rice!